Freelance Ag Journalist (Iowa and Kansas)
JOB TITLE: Freelance Ag Journalist
REPORTS TO: Managing Editor
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducts interviews, researches, and writes original prose materials for print and electronic publication.
- Interviews, researches, writes copy for a portfolio of accounts.
- Ensures copy deadlines and qualitative standards are met.
- Notifies client in advance of telephone or on-site interviews.
- Takes photos to illustrate information collected.
- Acts as liaison between Production team and client while on-site.
- Communicates pertinent client information to VistaComm team.
- Works with the graphics department to ensure project specifications are met.
- Interviews and writes copy for VisionBuilder process.
- Writes weekly Web Newsroom articles.
- Copywriting of internal projects.
- Represents VistaComm at industry events.
PROFESSIONAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS
- Solid writing ability w/emphasis on feature writing
- Strong photography skills with an emphasis on photo stories and essays
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner before clients, their management and employees, and the public
- Publication design abilities are desirable
- Ability to join and adapt to a well-established team of journalists
- Ability to generate and develop story ideas
- Ability to follow established style guidelines and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, responsible, mature
- Self-starter capable of working effectively without close supervision
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Retain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under corporate insurance, if applicable
Bachelor’s degree, emphasis in journalism, public relations or equivalent experience. Four years related experience as a newsletter writer and/or editor desired. Ag experience a must.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The company has the right to revise this job description at any time. You may be asked to perform other instructions and duties. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
If you have any questions, or would like to send a resume, please send to HR@vistacomm.com