Since the term “blog” was coined in 1997, blogging has become a popular way for businesses to create and boost their online presence. In fact, it could be one of the most important things your business does online. Why? Because companies that blog receive 55 percent more website visitors, according to Hubspot, a marketing software supplier.
A blog can be a very powerful marketing tool to build your brand. It can help you:
- Become easier to find. Blogging can help improve your search engine optimization (SEO). When you have a blog that you keep updated with content written in an SEO-friendly format, your site becomes easier to find on search engines.
- Expand your reach. Blogs are also great ways to circulate content you want shared. People are more likely to tweet or share information that is found on a blog versus a traditional web site. When a single customer can share an experience with his or her own network, this presents opportunities to reach many people.
- Connect with prospects and customers. Because you’re writing a blog, and not a web page or news story, you can be more informal with your tone. Since blogs have a more conversational tone, people often find blogs to be more approachable. You don’t have to be a great writer to be a great blogger.
- Effortlessly gather feedback. A key source of information for your business is feedback. Blogs allow customers to leave comments, which give you immediate feedback on your business activities, products, and services. This public feedback also fosters conversations between customers and you, as well as conversation between customers.
- Establish yourself as an expert. When you share the knowledge of your staff, you create an online presence that shows your company’s expertise. Your site’s viewers will be able to see the insights you’ve shared on key topics, along with the community of people who respect and seek that insight.
Enter the blogosphere
Blogging brings a lot of benefits, but it can be a difficult task to start up and continue. If you need help developing a content strategy that includes a blogging tool, VistaComm is here for you. Want to see some blogging in action? Check out http://www.proag.com/mikes-blog and https://www.vistacomm.com/blog to see what we mean. If you’re ready to talk blogs, contact us today at 866-752-7707.