The legendary comedian Bob Hope wasn’t joking when he said, “If you haven’t any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.”
If you’re like most businesses, you’re proud to donate cash, products, and/or services each year to support a number of worthy local causes. In fact, two VistaComm clients—Farmway Coop of Beloit, KS and Skyland Grain of Johnson, KS—recently pledged thousands of dollars on behalf of the Kansas Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom.
Did you realize that giving is good business—in more ways than one?
While you may consider corporate giving to be just a part of good citizenship, it’s an important area of your business and should be operated as such. Like any business effort, it should be organized to maximize return, which can take the form of increased sales, better employee retention, or higher visibility in your community.
Share your story
That’s why it’s valuable to spread the word about your company’s charitable giving. Okay, we know what you might be thinking—it’s unprofessional to toot your own horn and draw too much attention to yourself, right?
True, there is a fine line between maximizing your marketing and appearing to be self-serving. Even if you are participating in a charity for altruistic reasons, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t benefit from the resulting positive exposure. Remember, most customers want to do business with companies that do good.
That’s where VistaComm can help. We offer a number of tools through our Precision Marketing products and packages to help you maximize your company’s positive exposure, including:
- Websites. Your company’s website offers a prime area to publicize localized, customized, personalized news about your corporate giving. With a website from VistaComm, you’ll never have to worry about finding new ways to keep the content fresh and the pages full of timely news about your charitable giving and other key initiatives.
- eComm Central. An e-newsletter program can offer a great way to stay in touch with your customers and prospects on a regular basis. Not only can you share photos and stories related to your company’s charities, but you can link back to their websites, too, and help spread the good word about the good work they do.
- Newsletters. A newsletter program from VistaComm offers a powerful way to help you strengthen existing customer relationships while building new ones—all without the hard sell.
- Brochures and Reports. Your marketing materials, from your annual report to your company brochures, can offer a prime opportunity to mention your charitable involvement.
- On-Demand Access. Don’t have the time to write up all these articles, update your website, or send newsletters? Let VistaComm’s team of journalists, designers, and web specialists lend a hand.
Let’s start the conversation
Ready to make sharing a part of your business strategy? Contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-752-7707 to see how VistaComm’s Precision Marketing tools can help you simplify the process, save you time, and create a win-win for you, your customers, and your community.